Your Bulldog Puppy Month by Month, written by a veterinarian, a trainer, and a breeder team, provides readers with everything they need to know and do at each stage of development to make sure their playful, energetic puppy grows into a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted companion. Coverage includes:
• Information on what to ask the breeder before bringing your puppy home, the necessary vaccinations your puppy needs and when to get them, and when a trip to the vet is needed.
• Instructions on making potty training as smooth (and quick) as possible.
• Discussion on why and how to crate train and what to do when your puppy cries at night.
• Knowing when to teach your puppy is ready to learn basic commands and how to go about leash training.
• Socialization: why it’s necessary, when it should happen, and how to make sure it does.
• Exercising and feeding your puppy appropriately to ensure he stays physically and mentally healthy.
• When your puppy is ready for obedience training and how to make sure it works.
• How and how often to bathe your puppy, brush his coat, clip his nails, and brush his teeth.
• What causes problem behaviors, when to expect them, and how to correct them.
- Alpha Books