You will be surprised to see how easy it is to train your dog to utilize this system.
Step 1: You can even place a potty pad in front of the door to first train your dog to go at the area of the door on the pad so he develops a sense that the door area is where he needs to be when he needs to go potty.
Step 2: When he begins to go potty anywhere in the house, you hurriedly grab him and put him on that pad the door and say “go potty” so that he knows he needs to be on a pad when he goes potty.
Step 3: Then, when he is near the door, hold a treat right by the bell and when he rings the bell release the treat say “good boy, let’s go outside and go potty” and open the door. He is learning about being near your designated potty door when he has to do his business, learning what “let’s go outside” means and learning what “go potty” means. Once the dog is relieving himself outside say “go potty” continuously and when he is done say “good boy.” This helps him understand the act of going potty and what it means.
Step 4: Eventually, you can work your way towards removing the potty pads and perhaps even the bells if you don’t mind the dog scratching on your door when he needs to go outside.
* If you have a large home where several areas could be conducive to this method of training, you should buy doorbell trainers for each area.
- Potty training can be a breeze with doorbells. Doggie doorbells work inside and out. Multi-color optional; strap is adjustable according to your dog’s size.
- Dog Doorbells are used for housebreaking your pet. The bell system is an easier and better way for your dog to communicate his needs to you. Instead of hearing barking or dealing with damage from the pet scratching the door, or having complete chaos by having no system in place, the dogs are trained to use the bells as a signal for you to take them outside to potty.
- High quality and nice sounding jingle bells. 6 big extra loud bells (yet easy on your ears) are used to attend to your pet’s nature call wherever you are in the house. Tasteful design of silver coating on bells keep them shiny. This is not a distraction to your home decor and serves a practical purpose. Jingle bell sounds are easy on your ears even with playful dogs.
- MAXUMCONVENIENCE: The doorbells’ ergonomic design allows for easy adjustment of the length to the bottom of the door or up around the area of the doorknob based on the size of your dog.
- Hang potty bells from Any doorknob or handle with easy to use snaps. Our high quality doggie doorbells come with a snap that makes it easy to use on any type of door handle! Small dogs, medium dogs, big dogs and large dogs all love to excel with our dog bells!